Please activate some Widgets.
PreGel 5-Star Pastry Series® – All Things Chocolate: Bean to Dessert with Chef Michael Laiskonis
October 5 @ 8:00 am - October 7 @ 5:00 pm$1149
The first-ever creative director for the Institute of Culinary Education, New York, head of the on-campus bean-to-bar chocolate lab at the Institute of Culinary Education – New York, and owner of Récolte Dessert Bar in New York City, Chef Michael Laiskonis is returning to the PreGel International Training Centers to deliver another stimulating lecture on all things chocolate.
During this highly anticipated visit, Chef Laiskonis will share his deep-rooted passion for chocolate and the art of culinary creation with class attendees of the PreGel ITC, who will examine:
- The science behind chocolate, cocoa butter, tempering, and knowledge relevant to working with chocolate in every day applications
- The bean to bar process, resulting in small batch chocolate production that the class can taste, analyze, and utilize in chocolate desserts
- A variety of techniques applicable to using chocolate in many facets of the pastry industry
- Skills to produce and decorate a variety of dessert items and create an upscale chocolate dessert presentation
* For the price of this class, you will receive a customized class recipe book featuring original recipes by Chef Michael Laiskonis; 3-night hotel accommodations; transportation to and from hotel lodging facilities; daily lunch provided by PreGel; professionally taken photographs of the entire class experience; a PreGel certificate of completion; and 24 Continuing Education Hours certified by the American Culinary Federation. To maintain an intimate learning environment, class sizes are no larger than 20 students max.
Length of Class: 3 days
Class cost: $1149 per person
3 nights hotel accommodations are included in the cost of the class
Cancel less than 30 days before the class start date: no refund
Cancel 30-60 days before the class start date: 50% refund
Cancel more than 60 days before the class start date: full refund